About the Beer Spa in North Iceland
This is the perfect spa for those who love bathing in hot springs as well as drinking beer.
Bjórböðin SPA is the first beer spa in Iceland, known for its fantastic beer, stunning surrounding and great atmosphere. Since the opening in 2017 the spa has become one of the absolute highlights in North Iceland, located in Árskógssandur which was already known for its brewery.
This is a epic experience with entrance to one of the relaxing, wonderful indoor Kambala wood tubs, filled with warm beer, water, hops and yeast. To make the experience even greater, you will get the opportunity to poor yourself a cold beer while relaxing.
After 25 minutes in the tub you will be escorted to a relaxation area for another 25 minutes. This treatment should be both cleansing for the skin and have a positive effect on your health. Because of the benefits of the yeast it is recommended not to shower for 4 hours afterwards. This to let the yeast do its magic.
The private tubs can be enjoyed by one or two persons (choose in booking engine). You need to be at least 20 years old to enjoy the cold drinking beer while bathing (the legal drinking age in Iceland is 20 years old). The beer in the tub is not drinkable.
Outside there are larger tubs, with regular water, suitable for groups. As well as a restaurant in the main house where you can enjoy beer and beer-related food.
- Tour type: Beer tub
- Season: All year
- Tour duration: 25 minutes in tub, 25 minutes in relaxation area
- Meeting point: Bjórböðin SPA (Ægisgata 31, 621 Árskógssandi)
- Meeting time: 15 minutes prior entrance time
- Guided in: The staff speaks english
- Age limit: No age limit, but those 16 years old or younger must be accompanied by an adult
- 12 years old or younger: free of charge
- 13 years old or above: standard rate (as in booking engine)
- Requirements: You need to be 20 years to be served drinking-beer
Tour ID: Bjórböðin (Standard rate)
- Entrance to the indoor Beer Spa for 25 minutes + 25 minutes access to relaxation area
- Entrance to the outdoor beer tub (2000 ISK extra)
- Transport to the Beer Spa