About the Whale Watching: Classic tour in Husavik
The Classic Whale Watching in Husavik is one of the reasons why travelers choose to visit Husavik. The town is therefor even called the Whale Capital of Iceland. You will have an experience you hardly will forget. First of all, discover the huge numbers of playful wales, dolphins, sea birds and magnificent nature. Furthermore, enjoy the safe and smooth sailing of a traditional Icelandic oak boat. Finally you can treat yourself with cup of hot cocoa and Icelandic traditional scones. The high season is from May until late September. But do not underestimate the winter months. The winter wonderland changes this trip to become a nature excursion.
Our whale watching tours are focused mainly on the area outside Husavik.
- Tour type: Whale watching
- Season: March 1st to December 15th
- Tour duration: Approx. 3 hours
- Guided in: English
- Meeting place: Meeting point: At the harbor in Husavik
- Minimum age: No age limit, but youth and children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult (18+).
- Requirements: Warm clothes
Tour ID: NS-1 - Húsavik Whale Watching
What is included in this tour? Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
- Expert guide in whale wathching
- Hot chocolate and cinnamon buns
- Warm overalls and raincoats if needed
What is not included in this tour? Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
- Pick up and drop at you accommondation
Please dress warmly! We reccommend: 1. Thermal underwear 2. Warm sweater 3. Windproof jacket 4. Sturdy shoes 5. Ski wear or an overall 7 Beanie, gloves and a scarf See the whole packing list here: https://icetour.is/what-to-pack-when-going-to-iceland/