Whale watching Akureyri: RIB boat
from ISK 19,990
Akureyri in North Iceland is maybe the best place in the world for whale watching with a 99% success rate. This tour is operated in small boats called RIBs.
AreaNorth Iceland, Akureyri
About the Whale watching Akureyri: RIB boat
Experience and get close to the incredible humpback whales of the Eyjafjord, starting from the capital of North Iceland, Akureyri. With only 12 passengers in each boat we can guarantee an adventure of a lifetime on an intimate whale watching tour. If you have a passion for nature and love for adventure, this is the tour for you!
Our specially made RIB boats allow you to get closer to the whales and wildlife than any other boat can offer. The RIBs are fast and small that will also get you quicker to the whales and cover a bigger area as we search for the wild life. This means a bigger chance of spotting whales, dolphins and bird life without disturbing them in their natural habitat.
Our whale watching tours are focused mainly on the Eyjafjörður with departure from Akureyri.
Good to know
- Sighting success is 99%, however the cetacean abundance is unpredictable and varies with the food availability of our shores.
- Most common species are Humpback whales.
- If no whales or dolphins are seen on your tour we will offer you a complimentary ticket for our classic whale watching tour, valid for two years in Reykjavik and Akureyri.
- Tour type: Whale whatching
- Season: all year
- Tour duration: Approx. 2 hours
- Guided in: English
- Meeting point: Meet us at the floating pier Oddeyrarbót 2, next to the cultural centre Hof in Akureyri at least 15 min. prior to departure.
- Pick-up against supplement: This is checked by order.
- Group size: 12
- Minimum age/hight: Passengers need to be 10 years old or at least 145 cm or taller to participate in this tour.
- Requirements: Pregnant women and those with a history of back injuries needs to consult with threir doctor prior to booking this tour.
Tour ID: AK-02 - Akureyri Express Whales and Eyjafjord
What is included in this tour? Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
- Excellent guidance
- Warm overalls
- Neoprene gloves
- Life vests and necessary safety equipment
What is not included in this tour? Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
- Transfer (can be ordered agains supplement). Please select when ordering
Please dress warmly! We reccommend: 1. Thermal underwear 2. Warm sweater 3. Windproof jacket 4. Sturdy shoes 5. Ski wear or an overall 7 Beanie, gloves and a scarf See the whole packing list here: https://icetour.is/what-to-pack-when-going-to-iceland/