About the Whale watching Akureyri: Classic tour
Here is your chance to see the incredible Eyjafjord Humpbacks in their natural habitat. The warmth of the summer sun brings vibrant life and plentitude of food to the fjord and following it, in a feeding frenzy, come the larger-than-life Humpbacks.
Our guides and ships
Our specially trained whale watching guides are experts at spotting them and telling you all about their behaviour, any question you have, we promise you an answer. Our ship is the only high speed, specially modified, whale watching ship in Iceland. Capable of carrying 200 persons with spectacular views from our “cinema styled” viewing platforms. Its speed guarantees availability of whale watching tours from Akureyri, where ever the whales might be located in the deepest fjord in Iceland. With ample indoor and outdoor seating, bar and cafeteria, you can be sure that the ride is comfortable and pleasant even at speed.
Our whale watching tours are focused mainly on the Eyjafjörður with departure from Akureyri.
Good to know
- Sighting success is 99%, however the cetacean abundance is unpredictable and varies with the food availability of our shores.
- Most common species are Humpback whales.
- If no whales or dolphins are seen on your tour we will offer you a complimentary ticket for our classic whale watching tour, valid for two years in Reykjavik and Akureyri.
- Tour type: Whale watching
- Season: All year
- Tour duration: Approx. 3 hours
- Guided in: English
- Meeting place: Meet us at the floating pier Oddeyrarbót 2, next to the cultural centre Hof in Akureyri at least 15 min. prior to departure.
- Pick-up against supplement: This is checked by order
- Minimum age: No age limit, but youth and children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult (18+).
- Requirements: No requirements
Tour ID: AK-01 - Akureyri Classic Whale Watching
What is included in this tour? Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
- Excellent guidance
- Warm overalls
What is not included in this tour? Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
- Transfer (can be ordered agains supplement). Please select when ordering
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance
Please dress warmly! We reccommend: 1. Thermal underwear 2. Warm sweater 3. Windproof jacket 4. Sturdy shoes 5. Ski wear or an overall 7 Beanie, gloves and a scarf See the whole packing list here: https://icetour.is/what-to-pack-when-going-to-iceland/