Lava cave in Western Iceland: Cave explorer
AreaWestern Iceland (approx. 1,5 hours from Reykjavik)
About the Lava cave in Western Iceland: Cave explorer
Caves are often dark, tight and uninviting places; however this is not the case on The Cave Explorer tour!
What used to be slow traveled rugged terrain is now easy and enjoyable, thanks to our signature walkway caving just became family friendly. Leading from one great hall to the next the path is lit slightly flowing through this magical underworld.
The stunning beauty of Víðgelmir lava cave lies in the amazing colours and rock formations that used to hide in the dark. Not any more! With fixed lights at selected locations this impressive cave can now be enjoyed with all that it has to offer.
The Cave Explorer offers the very best of caving, the ease, the light and the dark!
- Every hour, on the hour from 09:00 to 18:00
- 10:00 - 11:30 - 13:00 - 15:00 - 16:00
10:00 - 11:30 - 13:00 - 15:00
- Tour type: Caving
- Season: All year
- Tour duration: 1,5 hours
- Guided in: English
- Meeting point: Follow this link
- Meeting time: 10-15 minutes before booked tour. Ex: If tour is booked at 10:00, please meet up at 09:45
- Minimum age: 6 years
- Transfer (please meet on location 15 minutes pre departure)