About the Lava Centre: The volcanoes inside story and experience
Lava is an Icelandic Volcano and Earthquake Centre.
During millions of years, through countless volcanic eruptions, Iceland has become one of the world’s largest volcanic islands.
Iceland became world-famous for the eruption in Eyjafjallajokull in 2010. Shortly after the eruption stopped the farmer Olafur opened an exhibiton about it, but unfortunately it was closed 1stof January 2018. But don’t worry, Lava, the new interactive exhibition, opened in 2017. It brings us in a high-teck educational way through volcanoes, earthquakes and creation of Iceland.
- When ordering: Book your ticket for a specific day.
- Show up time: Your ticket is a flexible ticket which means you can arrive when it suits you on your chosen day (between opening hours 09:00 - 19:00).
- Tour type: Exhibition
- Season: All year
- Tour duration: 1-2 hours
- Total duration (incl. transfer from/to Reykjavik): Approx. 5 hours
- Meeting point: Follow the map on this page
- Entrance hours: between 09:00-19:00
- Guided in: English
- Minimum age: No minimum
- Requirements: No requirements
Tour ID: Exhibition & Cinema
- Pick up and drop off at your accommondation in Reykjavik
- Food and beverage