Ice cave tour in Iceland near Jökulsárlón | Icetour
About the Ice cave tour in Iceland near Jökulsárlón
Gear up with crampons, harnesses, helmets for a walk upon the mighty Vatnajökull glacier, discover ice formations, crevasses, and the endless stunning landscape battling to become the best motif your camera can catch. If nature doesn’t allow us to visit this very special ice cave that given day, don’t worry, we have stunning alternatives ready to hand.
Certified local glacier guides
Our crew are one of the pioneers in ice cave tours in Iceland and our goal is to offer high quality personal service with small groups and great experience.
We are a local company and we have great knowledge of the area. All of our tours are led by experienced and certified glacier guides. We will adapt to nature, nature does not adapt to us!
Please be there on time
- Tour type: Caving
- Season: November - March
- Tour duration: 4,5 - 6 hours
- Meeting point: Meet us in our small box van at Jökulsárlón. Our van is located at the Glacier lagoon (Jökulsárlón) main parking lot and is thoroughly marked Iceguide. GPS 64.048096, -16.178778
- Meeting time: 15 minutes prior to tour departure
- Guided in: English
- Group size: Max 8 persons per guide
- Approach to the ice cave: Can take 30-60 minutes walking
- Age limit: 16 years old
- Requirements: This tour is rated difficult, reasonable fitness is therefore required. Also, please look at "What should I bring?".
Tour ID: Ice cave excursion
All necessary glacier gear such as
- Ice axe
- Transfer service (please meet up on location)