Horseback riding in Iceland: with bathing in Hot Spring
from ISK 22,750
Experience one of the most unique tours in Iceland with horseback riding combined with bathing in a natural hot spring in Reykjadalur.
Area45 km from Reykjavik
About the Horseback riding in Iceland - Icelandic horse
This is a fantastic riding tour in Iceland, with the strong Icelandic horses we highly recommend. The tour consists of a variety of magnificent Icelandic nature. After a horseback ride in the mountains in Iceland, we come to Reykjadalur, a valley up in the mountains. Reykjadalur offers a relaxing bath in a natural hot spring that flows like a river through the valley. On the way back to the farm you can enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of Iceland, as well as the Djúpagilsfoss waterfall, the village of Hveragerði and Ölfusá area. If the weather permits, you can also see all the way across to Vestmannaeyja, a small island outside the South coast of Iceland.
- Tour type: Horseback riding
- Season: Summer
- Tour duration: approx. 5-6 hours (riding distance approx 17 km.)
- Total duration (incl. transfer from/to Reykjavik): approx. 9 hours
- Pick up: In Reykjavik every day between 8:00-8:30. Pick-up in Hafnarfjörður, Mosfellsbær, Seltjarnanes and Kópavogur starts at 7:45
- Return to Reykjavík: Around 17:15
- Meeting time at horse farm: At 8:50 (view map)
- Guided in: English
- Minimum age: 8 years
- Requirements: The tour is for everyone, but the participant should be in good physical shape
Note: If the weather does not allow us to ride the mountain, the route will be changed. There are no changing rooms in the valley
Tour ID: 05A - 05A - The Hot Spring Tour
What is included in this tour? Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
- Pickup and delivery at your accommondation in Reykjavik
- 5-6 hour horseback riding
- Helmet, rainwear/boots
- Bathing in Hot Spring
- Lunch box and bottled water (Please let us know if you are a vegetarian or have any allergies)
- Coffee / tea / hot chocolate and homemade cake after the trip
What is not included in this tour? Items that are not included in the cost of tour price
- Changing room in the valley (for bathing in hot spring)
- Swimsuite and towel (for bathing in hot spring)
For this tour we recommend you to dress for the weather condition. We recommend: 1. Thermal underwear 2. Warm sweater 3. Windproof jacket 4. Sturdy shoes Link to the complete packing list: https://icetour.is/what-to-pack-when-going-to-iceland/
For this tour we recommend sturdy shoes, like hiking shoes or similar.