Horseback riding in Iceland: Volcanoes & Hot spring
Area45 km from Reykjavik
Diffic. Levelexperienced riders only
About the Horseback riding in Iceland: Volcanoes & Hot spring
After lunch we have the opportunity to try a relaxing, enjoyable bath in a warm stream of hot spring, before we follow the mountain trail down the valley through more overwhelming landscape. During the ride we will be presented of a beautiful, breathtaking panorama view over the southern lowlands. You can also grasp over the mountains and the sea, all the way to Westman Islands, depending on the weather. Later, we pass by the stable area of Hveragerdi, riding on well-kept trails that are ideal for a "brisk tölt". Furthermore we ride through a small river, alongside colorful mountain slopes with many hot springs above the village Hveragerdi. Finally, the trail takes us through a beautiful forest, along the slopes of Reykjafjall Mountain and back to the farm. At the farm we will be served coffee and delicious home-baked cake.
Because of the varied landscape there will be about 30 minutes hiking during the tour (four short ones on a steep slope).
- Tour type: Horseback riding (experienced riders)
- Season: Summer
- Tour duration: 5-6 hours horseback riding
- Total duration (incl. transfer from/to accommondation): 9 hours
- Guided in: English
- Pick up/drop off:
- Reykjavik: pick up between 08:00-08:30. Drop off around 13:00.
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Requirements: For experienced riders only. You need to ride regularly and be capable of controlling a horse in all gaits in different terrain
Tour ID: 06B - 06B - Volcano Hengill & Hot Spring Valley
- Pick up and delivery in Reykjavik
- 5-6 hours horseback riding (approx. 20 km)
- Opportunity to bathe in natural hot spring
- Lunch box and a bottled water (please let us know if you are a vegetarian or have any allergies
- Coffee/tea/hot chocolate and homemade cake after the trip
- Helmet, rainwear/boots
- Changing room in the valley (for bathing in hot spring)
- Swimsuite and towel (for bathing in hot spring)