About the Horseback riding in Iceland – In exciting hot spring area
Experience a variety of scenery and impressions! We start off riding upwards on excellent riding trails, along the slopes of the mountain Reykjafjall. In addition, we will ride through a green forest, a rare sight in Iceland. Furthermore, we pass many hot springs in the impressive, colorful geothermal area that is situated just above the village of Hveragerdi. Our trip continues riding the path, passing along the volcanic hills above the village, particularly known for its beautiful location between the volcano Hengill and the wide plains of the southern lowlands. Moving on, we have a nice view of Varma river, called the “warm river” as geothermal water flows through it and green valleys with rising steam appear in the distance.
During the winter season, we will make a stop to regain warmth with a cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate while we learn more about the Icelandic horse. Finally, we ride the horses back home to the farm.
Hveragerdi is a small town also known as the “hot spring capital of the world”. This area expanded dramatically during an earthquake in 2008 and is constantly changing.
- Tour type: Horseback riding
- Season: All year
- Tour duration: 2,5-3 hours horseback riding
- Total duration (incl. transfer from/to accommondation): 5-6 hours
- Guided in: English
- Pick up/drop off:
- Reykjavik: pick up between 08:00-08:30. Drop off around 13:15.
- If you prefer meeting on location, please follow the map on this page and be there at 09:00.
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Requirements: This tour is for everyone, but the participant should be in good physical form.
Tour ID: 03C - 03C - Horses and Hot Springs
- Pick up and delivery at your accommondation in Reykjavik
- 2,5-3 hours horseback riding
- Helmet, rainwear/boots
- Coffee / tea / hot chocolate and homemade cake after the trip
- Food and beverage during the tour