Helicopter in Iceland: about the tour
On our spectacular volcano and glacier tour we fly across the stunning Thorsmörk Nature Reserve and land on Fimmvörðuháls volcanic crater. We also fly over the famous, now sleeping, volcano on the glacier Eyjafjallajökull, which created global news at its eruption in 2010. We fly from the top of the glacier down to its "tongue" Gigjökull, that has been split in half by hot melting lava. If we are lucky, we can also get a glimpse of Iceland's most active volcano, Hekla, as well as the beautiful island of Vestmannaeyjar. Along the way, we fly over Hengill, a geothermal area, where we can see the power plants that convert the geothermal energy into pure renewable energy.
When is the daily departure?
After booking the trip, you will be sent by email the exact time of departure. If the weather forecast does not look promising, we always try to change the time, but if it is not possible, but if it is not possible, we will send you full refund.
- Tour type: Helicopter tour
- Season: All year
- Tour duration: Approx. 2-2,5 hours.
- Meeting point: Please follow this link or se the map on this page.
- Meeting time: The helicopter will departure at the exact time of the trip. Please meet up in good time.
- Guided in: English
- Minimum age: No age limit
- Requirements: No requirements
Tour ID: VG - Volcanoes & Glaciers
What is included in this tour? Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
- 80-120 minute guided helicopter safari with 15 minutes landing in a scenic location.
What is not included in this tour? Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
- Pick up and drop of at your hotel. If you want transfer we recommend you to book a taxi. It is 5 minutes drive from the center of Reykjavik.
For this tour we recommend you to dress for the weather condition. We recommend: 1. Thermal underwear 2. Warm sweater 3. Windproof jacket 4. Sturdy shoes Link to the complete packing list: https://icetour.is/what-to-pack-when-going-to-iceland/