About the Glacier walk: 2 hours Sólheimajökull
The to hours tour incluedes approximatele one hour glacier walk on Sólheimajökull glacier. You will get a good view of the glacier lagoon and the area around the glacier. The glacier changes day by day, and between seasongs. It gives us an unic opportunity to experiense varied glacical landscape, which is dynamic and amizing. It includes crewices, small black volcanic sand hills, caves and sink holes we somtimes get opportunity to look into or enter.
Before the tour starts you will get an introduction of how to use the crampons and the ice pick on the glacier walk.
- Tour type: Glacier walk
- Season: All year
- Tour duration: 2-2,5 hours (1 - 1,5 hour on the ice)
- Meeting point: Sólheimajökull glacier. Please see the map on this page.
- Meeting time: 30 min. pre tour departure.
- Guided in: English
- Age limit: 8 years
- Requirements: For people in good health
Tour ID: Glacier walk - Chasing ice - Snow 31
- English speaking guide
- Ice axe
- Other safety equipment
- Transfer service (please meet on location, see map)