About the Glacier tunnel in Langjökull: Transfer from Reykjavik
This is a day full of experiences.
- We pick you up at your hotel in Reykjavik and drive towards the glacier tunnel in Langjøkull, Iceland’s largest glacier.
- On the way we stop at the beautiful Hraunfossar which is a waterfall running through lava stones.
- After a lunch stop at Hotel Husafell we arrive at the bottom of the glacier. Here you can borrow overalls.
- We change to a modified bus that will take us further up the glacier and to the entrence of the glacier tunnel.
An experienced guide will guide you all the way and make sure everyone is enjoying it to the fullest. On our way back to Reykjavik during the summer period (June – September) we drive a scenic road through Kaldidal highland and the beautiful Thingvellir National Park.
- Hotel Husafell. Here we stop for about 30 min to eat lunch (you can buy your own lunch at Hotel Husafell or bring a lunch pack)
- Langjökull glacier
- Ice tunnel
- Tour type: Caving/ Glacier tunnel
- Season: All year
- Tour duration: 9-10 hours
- Pick up time: Up to 30 minutes before tour departure.
- Guided in: English
- Minimum age: No age limit
Tour ID: IC2 - Day tour - with Reykjavik Excursion
- Pick up / Drop off: At your hotel or guesthouse in Reykjavik (drivers do not enter the hotel / guesthouse, so you have to be ready outside)*
- Type of transfer: Bus from Reykjavik and modified glacier vehicle on the glacier.
- Stops at: Hraunfossar, Husafell and Langjokull glacier
- Entrance ticket: into the glacier
- Guide: English speaking driver/guide/audio guide
- Free WiFi: in modified glacier vehicles
- Overalls: to use inside the glacer tunnel
*If your hotel is located in down town Reykjavik please read about the bus stops here: https://busstop.is
- Food and beverage