About the Glacier lagoon kayaking in Iceland
Come with us on this unique journey of kayaking in the glacier lagoon of Jökulsárlón where we paddle amongst floating ice bergs and wildlife, seals and birds. This is the tour for those who want to be environmentally friendly while exploring nature.
The tour is fully guided and all participants are provided with top of the line drysuite and all other necessary equipment. Our Kayaks are SIT-ON-TOP boats, very stable and should be suitable for persons who have not gone kayaking before.
You can choose between single person kayak or two person kayak. Youth age 14-15 always join adult age 16+ in double kayak.
- Tour type: Kayak in Glacier Lagoon
- Season: May 15th - September
- Tour duration: 1 hour in the kayak
- Total duration (incl. preparation): 1,5 hour
- Meeting point: Meet us in our small box van at Jökulsárlón. We have all our equipment in our van and there we suit up before heading out on to the water. Our van is located at the Glacier lagoon main parking lot and is thoroughly marked Iceguide. GPS 64.048096, -16.178778
- Meeting time: 15 minutes prior to tour departure
- Guided in: English
- Age limit: 14 years old
- Requirements: No requirements
Tour ID: Glacier Lagoon Kayaking
- Safety vest
- Kayak paddle
- Transfer service (please meet up on location)