About the Glacier walk: 2 hours Sólheimajökull
On this glacier adventure, we combine our popular glacier walk with an easy introduction to ice climbing. As we explore the wonderland of ice sculptures at Sólheimajökull glacier, including water cauldrons, ridges, and deep crevasses, we search to find a suitable spot to rig up our gear for a short introduction to ice climbing. Once we are rigged we make sure everything is safe so all participants can enjoy a fun and easy ice climbing experience. Furthermore it is important to notice that the small number of only 6 passengers per guide will give everyone their time to shine. In addition to this we must remind you to not forget your camera, since this is an experience you will wish to share with your friends and family!
The Sólheimajökull glacier tounge extends down from the fourth largest glacier in Iceland Mýrdalsjökull.
- Tour type: Glacier walk
- Season: All year
- Tour duration: 4-5 hours
- Meeting point: Sólheimajökull Café parking area. Please see the map on this page
- Meeting time: 20 min. prior tour departure
- Guided in: English
- Group size: 2-6 persons per guide
- Age limit: 14 years
- Requirements: For people in good health, who are doing some sport regularly and who are used to all-terrain walks.
Tour ID: IMG16 - Solheimajokull Glacier Walk an Ice Climbing
- Experienced and qualified guide
- Glacier gear
- Safety equipment
- Rain gear*
- Hiking boots*
- Warm clothing
*Can be rentet. Please choose as "Extras" in the booking engine