Arctic Trucks in Iceland: Self-Drive Eyjafjallajökull and Thorsmörk
About the Arctic Trucks in Iceland
You now have the opportunity to drive the famous Arctic Trucks in Iceland. We take the main road east from Reykjavík through the mountains of Helliðsheiði and further along the south coast as we pass the small Icelandic farms, which are close to the world famous Eyjafjallajökull volcano. We stop at Seljalandsfoss, where the brave can take a walk behind the falls as it falls from very high cliffs. After driving between two glaciers we reach Thorsmörk with all its rivers we have to cross. This area is located at the foot of the glacier Mýrdalsjökull and the Katla volcano. Here you can go for walks or drive more in the fun / challenging terrain. From Thorsmörk we drive to the beautiful Skogafoss waterfalls, as well as the black lava sandy beaches along the coast, before heading back to Reykjavík. This trip offers waterfalls, rivers, famous glaciers and volcanoes .. what more can you ask for in one day?
- Tour type: Self drive
- Season: All year
- Tour duration: 10 hours
- Pick up: 08:30 at your accommondation in Reykjavik.
- Guided in: English
- Age limit: No age limit
- Requirements: The driver must have a valid driver's license.
- Insurance: All drivers must sign a rental agreement before the trip starts. The self-risk is € 3000. This is done on site.
- Note: You pay per car, not per person
- Car Type: Arctic Trucks 38 "Hilux
Tour ID: Eyjafjallajökull & Þórsmörk
- Arctic Trucks vehicles
- Guide / instructor
- Pick up and drop off at hotel / guesthouse in Reykjavik
- Extra driver
- Unlimited kilometers
- Rope, shovel, tow eye, tire gauge
- Food and beverage (there will be opportunities to buy this along the way)
- Insurance (All drivers must sign a rental agreement before the trip starts. The self-risk is € 3000. This is done on site.)