About the ATV in Iceland near Blue Lagoon: 2 hours
We drive to Krísuvík Peninsula over Mount Festarfjell and to Selatangar Beach where we take a short break before heading back for more mountain safaris. In this 2 hours ATV safari in Iceland we´ll drive through lava and black sand and up on the Hagafell mountain, where we can expect a good view of the Blue Lagoon and the island of Eldey. We can also offer a 1 hour tour, check here
Tour description from Jónas tour guide:
"Our path runs through various lava-fields, our old harbor which is now a recreational area with dramatic shipwrecks and over hundred year old foundations that remain unspoiled and protected for a reminder of the old life. We’ll ride along the coastline through rocky mountain paths taking a left turn for a fun up and down path to a lunarscape-looking valley that reminds you of a Sci-Fi movie scene. If you’ve ever wondered how it’s to drive between 2 mossy volcanic craters then that’s whats going to happen on the way to the black sandy beach! You’ll feel amazed by the sights on the way where you can literally feel the human-voulnerable force our earth can pull up on us. Arriving to the black sandy beach of Selatangar (Sealbay) you’re pretty much back in the viking years. In this area there are old fishing villages from the middle ages where vikings settled in for fishing purposes until 1886. You’ll see foundations of their settlements where they only had carved lava rocks to build their huts and sheds from, using driftwood as rooftops. They have been declared inviolate but are unfortunately a portion of them are getting slowly shattered from vicious wave breaks during high tide. The waves are often really high in this area and follow up with great birdlife, sometimes you’ll even see a curious seal pop up from the ocean to say hello.On the way back you’ll also see sheeps and horses. The Icelandic horses stay outside most of the winter and grow a extra thick fur looking very prideful in their natural habitat. If time is in our favour, we’ll head to the summit of our ATV trailed Mt.Hagafell for a breathtaking 360’ panoramic view overlooking the area! "
√ Spectacular views
√ Black beach and ruins
√ Gravely mountain roads
√ Rough coastline
- Tour type: ATV
- Season: All year
- Tour duration: 2 hours
- Total duration (incl. transfer from/to Reykjavik): Approx. 4 hours
- Meeting point: Follow the map on this page
- Meeting time: 15 minutes prior to tour departure
- Guided in: English
- Pick up time: 1,5 hour prior to tour departure time. Ex: if you book tour at 12:00 you will be picked up around 10:30
- Minimum age: 6 years
- Driver licens for the one driving. You are two in each ATV and the passenger do not need licens.
Note: Are you an individual or in a group with an odd number, please press "solo ride" in the ordering process.
Tour ID: Lava Beach 2-hour ATV tour
- 2 hour guided ATV safari in Iceland (2 on each vehicle)
- All the equipment you need to join this tour such as dress, helmet and gloves.
- Pick up and drop of at your accommondation in Keflavik and Reykjavik (can be selected as an option)
- Solo ride (can be selected as Extras)
- Food and beverage